Saturday, January 8, 2011

Winter in Michiana

I just looked out my window and noticed that there is a snowplow working at the corner and it is snowing so hard that I would never have seen him were it not for his brake lights flashing at times. We have at least twenty five or thirty inches of snow and it shows no sign of stopping. Where my wife cleared a spot for the dog, it has gotten deep enough that the dog won't venture away from the house. I imagine it is about five inches deep and it has only been a few hours since she shoveled it. our snow plow operator won't even venture out to plow us out. It's a good thing we anticipated problems and as I write this, there is a corned beef brisket in the slow cooker. Yummy. I am so glad we are retired as it minimizes the problems the rest of the world faces with this weather. Although Carol does have to baby sit on Monday. the baby comes here.so it's no until Tuesday that we actually do have to venture out. So, I'm attempting to do some writing so far without success. I really do need to be with other writers more but life just hasn't allowed that for quite some time. Oh well, back to the grindstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment