Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Up and Running

Well, it would appear the new computer is humming along nicely now so it's time to get back to work. l want to repeat something though. You can't put a price on automatic backup. I lost everything because I neglected to do it. Nuff said. I took the ladies' advice to heart and went back to the start of Chapter 1 and I have to say it works better this way. I'm not saying it's perfect but enough with the editing already. Time to move on so lets see what happens. It's off to the library today. I finally got around to reading Jerry Spinelli's "Smiles to Go," and I love it. I don't think he could write a bad book if he tried. I want to read the new Amy Carter book next if they have it. In reviewing the new and upcoming books for teens and young adults, I have to say that I am disappointed that vampires and the paranormal seem to be the hot genre. It really makes me wonder about our society when teens fixate on these subjects. I'm not saying they are bad books at all, only that it appears to reflect a disturbing mentality among our youth. If you read the lists of recommended reading, there are many in the top 10 that go back to 2002 or before. Perhaps our resident child psychologist can enlighten me. Time to get back to work now. I am way behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment