Saturday, April 17, 2010

New Beginnings

Do you have any idea how much pressure you feel when you're the only man in a critique group and the only one without a blog? So this is where we start our journey together.

I greatly admire those of you who write picture books because I can't. Oh, I've tried, but failed miserably so I'll stick to what I do best. There may be some differing opinions on that but oh well. My shtick is Young Adult novels. YA for those of you in the biz. At the present time, I have two in progress at varying stages, a mystery for boys and a novel involving a teen girl's experience with spirits and an ancient aunt.

Like most writers, most of my time is spent in editing and re-writing to maximize the potential for publishing success. The basic draft copy of both novels is complete ndoit's interesting to go back to versions done in previous years to compare them to what I'm doing today.

Hopefully. documenting my journey may inspire someone that is standing at the threshold of putting their thoughts and experiences to paper or provide encouragement and justification for frustrated writers whose muse has seemingly abandoned them.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to see the blog. Will be number two follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Warren! I guess we all have Karyn to thank for 'peer-pressuring' us into this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warren - the "new look" looks good! I think we're going to learn a lot about each other through this exercise.

    ReplyDelete