Thursday, May 20, 2010

Staying On The Path

Well, I've reached the goal for this week, that being to get the submittal ready for the critique group. It's not what I was looking for but I'll see what they have to say next week.
I don't know, but it seems like my path has been through thick brush and deep grass lately and the vision of where I'm going has occasionally gotten quite foggy so I've decided to stop moving forward. I need to sit on my proverbial toadstool and have a long talk with Musetta and Musella, my twin muse sisters. Of course that means I have to shut out the outside world and take those magical steps into the world of wonder where no one else dare venture. Closed doors, silent ambiance other than the soft sound of a muted Mozart piece playing in the next room. Of course there is always the danger of my mind going into lock-down, in which case the eyelids seem to grow quite heavy but it's a riskI must take. I don't know how you women do it. How can you maintain focus with all the demands of being the parent of a small child? You're amazing. I mean we've all heard the answer to that. Organization. discipline, commitment, blah, blah,blah. Words, just words. I guess a man just doesn't get it and never will.
Before I go for today, I hope all of my followers take advantage of the ridiculous prices on books from BetterWorld books. They do such an amazing job of recycling books, new and used, and all the money goes to literacy programs. If you have a pile of books you'll never read agan, they'll even buy them if they happen to be on their acquisition list. Check them out at Betterworldbooks.com. Tell them I sent you.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you keep moving on forward Warren. Will get to your chapter soon!

    ReplyDelete